« Previous    |    Main    |    Next »

Golden Visa for Brits moving to Portugal now Brexit is Done

As the UK is no longer in the EU British Citizens are asking me for official information on how they apply via the Golden Visa route.

Searching for golden visa , (visto de ouro / visto dourado ) will not easily provide links to official information as of course it has a fancy official name that doesn't even mention gold. "Autorização de Residência para Atividade de Investimento (ARI) / APPLICATION FOR A RESIDENCE PERMIT FOR INVESTMENT ACTIVITY (ARI)"

The best English language info I've seen on the web is on:-


I think using lawyer to help with your application is advisable, but if your adviser wants info you could to go direct to detailed government resources at:-

Foreigners and Borders Service / SEF

There is a pdf on property purchase on the site here:

Acquisition of real estate property of an amount equal to or above 500 thousand Euros

See my previous articles on Golden Visas at:-

Portugal gives gold visas to non-Europeans who buy houses


Portugal property market is picking up - golden opportunity

Post Your Question or Publish a Comment

(Your post may need to be approved before your comment will appear.)

« Previous    |    Main    |    Next »